Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Reviews - Baggu For J.Crew

When you go shopping, do you take reusable bags along with you?  I usually forget until I'm at the store checkout.  Maybe a compact and functional design will make it easier to bring them along.  Enter Baggu for J.Crew.


I like the idea of ripstop nylon.  It's lightweight yet durable and also machine-washable, which is very important if you are using the bags for grocery shopping.  


The bag is generously sized at 25.5" H x 15" W x 6" D and should hold quite a bit.  The online copy says it can hold 50 pounds.  It feels sturdy, the handle edges and the opening are basted with self-fabric.  I'm not about to lug around 50 pounds of anything though, that is what husbands are for.


A choice of colors is a nice bonus, especially if you prefer to use specific bags for certain items, such as yellow for breads, green for vegetables, etc.  


There is also a smaller version for girls in both stripe and solid, decorated with a star.  I picked up one of these to try out for size as well.  It is 18.5"H x 10.5" W.  The copy does not say whether it is machine-washable but I am going to try, I just won't put it into the dryer in case it melts the star.


This one is quite a bit smaller and useful for carrying a lunch or even a six-pack.  You could drop the whole thing right into your ice chest and put the empties back into the bag as they are finished.


The large version is more useful for shopping trips and I'll pick up a few more of them with my next J.Crew order, whenever that may be - I don't have anything on my wishlist at the moment.  I think I'm set with the single small one, unless I find myself using it more often.  


The small Baggu folds into a 4" x 4" pouch, the larger into a 5" x 5" pouch.  The pouches are almost flat with the bags inside, making them very portable.  You can scrunch them up to easily fit into a pocket or small purse.  I highly recommend these bags for your own use or to give as gift.


Are you checking out the Baggu for J.Crew bags?  What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. I don't use Baggu but I do LOVE my Chico bags. They are even more compact and perfect for throwing in my purse. I always try to carry bags with me wherever I go. Usually when I go to J.Crew I bring my canvas bag from last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chico bags look pretty good, lots of options to choose from. DH and I both were sent one of the canvas bags from J.Crew and they are both hanging on the back of the door, unused, I don't know why. Maybe I'll put them in the car and see if that helps.

      Delete
  2. I'm liking the shoes. Please share the deets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoes are ancient, remnants from my high school days. They are Brooks Brothers cordovan loafers but that is all I can remember. I bring them out every once in a while.

      Delete
  3. My BF has a Baggu, gifted by his office manager (printed with company logo but it's tolerably small). It's great. I am hoping for a site wide promo to pick up a bunch. Would make nifty stocking stuffers. Madewell also is stocking a few different designs, have you checked those out? Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea for a corporate gift, at least it is something useful and not a dust collector trinket. I didn't see the Madewell Baggu so thank you for pointing those out. Now to decide which one...

      Delete
  4. AH I love that! I need one! or five lol. Thanks for the review! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need five of them too. Next order!

      Delete
  5. I got the Madewell Baggu with the elephants on it - it's adorable. I just noticed they now have a pink dots one, may have to pick that up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the elephants was pretty cute. I don't think I can resist the pink or purple ones though.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for highlighting these. The reusable bags never seem to be big enough, these should be plenty roomy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly what I thought when I opened up the large bag so I wanted to give a good visual of the size. Should be able to stuff a lot in there.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...